Portland continues to flex its foodie muscles, appearing in my Twitter and Facebook feeds more frequently lately. I love living in such a tasty city. Here are a few recent mentions in case you’re wondering what you’re missing.
- Food & Wine magazine named Portland one of the best places in the world to eat and shared this 48 hour cheat sheet so you can give it a try, too.
- Bon Appétit put Laurelhurst Market at the top of their list of the 10 best new restaurants.
- For the 100th episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations,” viewers voted on the most memorable moments from the last six years — and Portland won!
Portland’s food carts are getting noticed more as well. They are amazing little mini-restaurants that specialize in a particular type of food and offer generous portions for a reasonable price.
- Budget Travel named Portland the city with “the world’s best street food.”
- Bing has added a food cart finder feature to help you discover your new favorite lunch or late-night place. Includes links, hours and reviews.
- Local magazine Portland Monthly features Portland’s food carts in the September issue.
- On a related note, several of Portland’s food carts are in the running to win an appearance on the Food Network’s new show, “The Great Food Truck Race.” There’s still time to cast your votes.
Well, I think that’s more than enough for you to digest for now. If you need more recommendations, you can always ask us in our Twisitor Center by going to twitter.com and adding “#inpdx” to your tweet. Bon appétit!